Friday, February 7, 2014

Mice and Mystics - Roaches




It's been a while, so to shake off the dust and work out the kinks, I've gone for a simple project for this post.

Mice and Mystics, Roaches.




Bask in their buggy, verminous glory!

Simple color scheme, but fun to paint. I did some research on roaches before I started, but they turned out much more realistically colored towards the reference material than I had intended them to be.

The detail on the roaches (as well as on the rest of the Mice and Mystics figures) was really nicely done - even down to the "feathered" bits on the feet and legs.

Speaking of the legs, if I had one piece of advice to give others attempting to paint these guys, it would be to choose how you want the base of the model to look from the very beginning, and then paint that color in-between the legs first. The legs are very closely spaced together so when I went back to paint the base black, I made a mess of the legs trying to paint between them, and had to touch up the roach itself after I was done.

I'm going to be finishing up the rest of the Mice and Mystics miniatures before I move on to any other game figures, in preparation for a side project that I will be announcing soonish....I hope.

2 comments:

  1. These look increasable realistic. It's funny how you can have an idea in your head about how things are coloured but in reality it isn't even close. Brilliant stuff!

    ReplyDelete